Shabna Diabetes Centre (SDC) is situated in a picturesque spot very close to Tenkasi New Bus Stand and just 200 meters from Tenkasi Railway Junction. Shabna Diabetes Centre was established by Dr.M.Syed Sulaiman M.D in 2006 with the modest ambition of providing “Comprehensive Diabetes Care” to persons living with diabetes in Tenkasi and its surrounding villages.
With in a short span of 5 years Shabna Diabetes Centre has established itself as a Speciality Diabetes Centre. Now Shabna Diabetes Centre is catering around 6,000 Diabetes patients. Shabna Diabetes Centre is a proposed 30 bedded hospital.currently SDC is operational with 15 beds (including 3 bed ICU ).SDC is first of its kind in TENKASI, fully dedicated for the care of persons living with diabetes.construction work has started for the addition of two operation theatres. A spacious well equipped theatre for ORTHO / LAP surgeries,and a second theatre for general surgical cases.A dedicated post operative ward ,upgraded ICU with ventilators and temporary pacemaker will be commissioned as soon as the construction is over. .
We at shabna diabetes centre, believe in holistic approach.we provide diabetic health education to our patients.TEAM SDC ,comprises of diabetic specialist nurse,dietician,physiotherapist, and footcare technician.
In our pursuit to provide high quality diabetes care we are constantly updating ourselves .
About Managing Director
Dr.Syed Sulaiman, Graduated his Bachelors Degree in medicine(MBBS) from Tirunelveli Medical College (Dynamic Batch 1984-1990). He underwent training in Cardiology in PRS Hospital in Trivandrum for about two years. H e did his M.D. in General Medicine from Madurai Medical College (1995 BATCH 1995 – 1998). He Started his career as General Physician. But the ever increasing epidemic of Diabetes made him to take up diabetology as his speciality.He underwent clinical diabetology training at COIMBATORE DIABETES FOUNDATION , which is recognised by the prestigious AMERICAN DIABETES ASSOCIATION.
The hardship faced by people living with diabetes in and around Tenkasi, traveling long distance to the nearest metropolitan city to get quality diabetes care , forced him to start SDC,a speciality diabetes centre at Tenkasi, truly a pioneer setting a trend in diabetes care in rural setup.
- State of the art fully automated Bio Chemical Analyser ( SPEN A-701)
- Semi-Auto Analyser (STAR 21 Plus)
- Fully automated Haematology Analyser (PE – 6800)
“Our quality control is checked by BIO-RAD System.”
Diabetic Foot Cate
Bio Thesio Meter : To check Peripheral Neuropathy
- The Bio-Thesiometer is used as a research device in many neurological diseases. It is essentially an “electrical tuning fork” whose amplitude may be set to any predetermined level or whose amplitude may be gradually increased until the threshold of vibratory sensation is reached.
- Conversely, the amplitude may be lowered until the vibration is no longer discernible. In all cases the amplitude may be determined at any given level with a high degree of accuracy.
- The Bio-Thesiometer is not only far superior to a tuning fork in accuracy, but will detect neurological changes that are not disclosed with a tuning fork.
Vascular Doppler : To check Blood Flow to the limbs
- The Vascular Doppler ultrasound test takes real time video that displays how the patient’s blood is flowing through the arteries. This makes it easier to detect narrowing of the arteries, blockages, and blood clots. It also helps with monitoring the progression of arterial disease in a patient.
- A Vascular Doppler is a special application of an ultrasound. It is used specifically for studying veins and arteries by measuring the speed of blood cells as they move through the veins. A transducer is placed on the skin of the patient, and sends sound waves that ultimately create an image of the arteries.
- The movement of blood cells causes the sound waves to bounce off the fluid and tissue, and reflect back (echo) to the transducer – this is the Doppler Effect. A computer gathers and processes the sound waves, and creates graphs or color pictures to show a representation of how the blood is flowing through the veins and arteries. These results are recorded exactly as they display on the video monitor during the actual test.
- The technician who conducts the test, watches the monitor to see what area is being viewed and that the images are good enough to be used for evaluation purposes. The arteries and veins in the legs, the abdomen, the head, and neck are the most common areas that a vascular Doppler is used on. The vascular Doppler is a non-invasive technique, the only thing that penetrates the skin are sound waves.
- The patient may hear a high pitched pulsing sound while the ultrasound test is being done. The results are sent to a radiologist who analyzes the video recording and prepares a report for the physician.